September 30th, 2017 // 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Bringing Artists and Audiences Together...
The Quiet on the Set Film Festival seeks to break down the barriers between filmmakers and the Public. By opening up our sets to members of the community to observe, we hope to celebrate our city's creativity and diversity. Let's see what kind of new and exciting content we can create!
Right in our own backyard...
Three 8' x 12' sets will be erected throughout the Ludlow business district:
SET #1: Clifton Plaza - 333 Ludlow Avenue - Setting: Public Park
SET #2: Clifton Merchant Parking Lot - Howell Avenue - Setting: Bar/Café
SET #3: Gaslight Properties Lot - 311 Howell Avenue - Setting: Home Kitchen
Film groups will be assigned 1-hour blocks of time at whichever sets they would like to utilize. You will be notified of your group's schedule via email the week of September 18th.
Rules & Regulations:
- Group Size: Unlimited! Bring as many people as you'd like to make your films.
- Video Length: Your final video submissions should be no shorter than 1 minute and no longer than 5 minutes.
- Content: Because this is a public art event, all content must be family friendly.
- Application Deadline: Group applications must be submitted by September 16th, 2017.
- Film Submission: Films will be submitted in H.264 format by dropping off a USB stick at 3210 Jefferson Ave, Ste. 25 by October 14th, 2017.
- How to Enter: Please visit the "SIGN UP HERE!" tab to submit your application. Once your application is submitted, a QotS committee member will contact you and review logistics and other concerns.
- What Will Be Provided: Three 8' x 12' film sets, decorated to look like a park, a bar/cafe, and a home kitchen. The sets will be lit, and a small array of props will be provided.
- What You Need to Bring: All of your own video and audio equipment, crew, script, talent, and miscellaneous props and gear.
The Big Premiere:
Films shot and edited during the Quiet on the Set Film Festival will premiere at a public venue within the Ludlow Avenue business district (exact location TBA). This FREE showcase will be open to the public so that everyone who witnessed the production process can come and see what your final products look like.